About our Women's Artistic Team
The Gymtrix Women's Team consists of selected athletes ages 7 years and up who demonstrate:
- Athletic Potential to achieve the skills required to compete in Gymnastics
- Desire to train the required hours and the willingness to increase their hours according to required expectations per age/ability category
- Positive attitude toward other team members/coaches and positive attitude during competition
- Excellent work ethic and attendance
Benefits of being on the Team
Being part of our Team builds many personal attributes:
- STRENGTH, BALANCE, FLEXIBILITY, AGILITY, ENDURANCE ...to a degree not found in any other sport
- Team Skills - "How to be part of a team" ...We encourage our older athletes to be positive role models for our younger athletes while nurturing our younger athletes to become positive role models in the future
- Problem Solving - Almost all elite athletes are, or become above average students academically
- Time Management - a set weekly routine keeps kids "on track" with school work and training
- Life Skills - "You can't win them all" ...More important than results, our athletes learn how to enjoy the process, and how to deal with both success and defeat. If they perform well at a competition, we want them to know "why". Winning is fabulous, especially after working diligently for it. On the other hand, our young athletes need to know how to change their perception of "defeat" by turning each experience (positive and negative) into a learning experience. "Never giving up, working toward personal goals and understanding what can be done to improve for the next time". That is what we strive to teach!
Highlights and Successes
Most recently, our National athlete Erin Grigg is currently in her third year of post-secondary education at Eastern Michigan University where she is on a full (4 year) gymnastics scholarship. Erin was the Silver medalist on Vault at the 2006 Canadian National Championships. She was also the Elite Ontario National Open overall Champion in 2006. In addition to EMU, she was offered scholarships from two other American Universities. She has accomplished everything a gymnast could possibly wish for in a career - which is just really beginning!
Both Erin and her sister Robyn Grigg, have represented Team Ontario at many International competitions (Las Vega, Texas, Arizona). Robyn and Erin are North Bay's first ever Women's Artistic National level competitors and have been great role models for our young Gymtrix gymnasts!
Our Girls Provincial & Interclub teams along with our amazing trampoline team, have had many outstanding seasons, capturing many medals and titles throughout the province of Ontario - far too many to count.
We are very proud of all the accomplishments of ALL our athletes! Above all, we are most proud of the fact that we have happy, healthy athletes who love to train, learn new skills and enjoy the sport at whatever level they aspire to!
We feel that our results (past and present) speak for themselves. Business partners Bill Rhoads and Nicki Chretien have been coaching competitive gymnastics for over 35 years each and have enjoyed countless successes with their gymnasts.
How can I join the Gymtrix Team?
For MORE INFORMATION on our Women's / Girls Competitive Team, or to find out about upcoming auditions, please contact us by phone at 705-476-3999 or by e-mail at email@example.com